How the week played out…
We look back at the week’s action but remind ourselves the reality of trading/investing on the London stock exchange.
The city is a beautiful yet brutal place depending which side of an investment you hold, Many retail (private) Investors fully subscribe to the story of greatness laid down by the company…
This is merely a decent act of PR and Marketing, the catalyst to make the right investment/trade boils down to delivery from the company along with strong fundamentals,reliable presentation of its assets and a responsible stance on risk.
Lets not focus too much on the hocus pocus here but slam into the memory bank these few simple principles.
* The city is not always as transparent and clean cut as you may be suckered into believing.
– Its a dark place with folk queueing up to kick you between the legs and empty your pockets.
* There are 25% less listed companies now on aim against the high of 1700+
– This is a reflection of the shite being weeded out (There are more likely to come)
* Brokers,Nomads,and IR are all paid for thus have the companies interest at heart.
– Many media outlets are also providing paid coverage thus work hard to clarify all of your own DD.
Continued here at DLC